Poetry Journal: A face I can't forget Jan. 2. 2024


 Her face is the same face, especially the eyes, gateway to a soul I have seen too many times in too many dreams, that surrealistic landscape where reality melts around our knees, her face, the same face I flew to, a moth to a flame I can never resist and so, must always avoid, not because of who she is or what she does, but because of who I am and what I must never do, condemned to live life in an alternative reality which by necessity means excluding her, she, a dream I dreamt once and cannot cease to dream, untouchable, remote, wings folded behind her, I can only see the ever present eyes, looking now as they did then, flashing hints of endless possibilities.



email to Al Sullivan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dumb and dumber on Columbia U April 18, 2024

Twenty First Century Man Jan. 22, 2024

Journal 2024