The same river April 22, 2024


 

I stroll the shore

Of the river here,

Wondering if she does

The same where she is,

The same river

We both strolled years ago,

She briefly abandoned,

Even though

She’s always been

Attached to it.

I stroll the river here,

Seeing the world change,

An altered skyline,

The rubble of the past

Reconstructed

As to seem different,

When it really is not.

I envy her,

And her piece of this water

Which seems Unadulterated

Where she is,

Even though I know

It is not,

Noce changing skyline

To spoil the view,

No constant reminder

Of perpetual change

I stroll the shores

Of my side of the river


And I think of her.


2024 journal menu

email to Al Sullivan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dumb and dumber on Columbia U April 18, 2024

Twenty First Century Man Jan. 22, 2024

Journal 2024