To go or stop that is the question April 24, 2024

  

Over the last two or three years, I’ve been posting old journal entries from a decade ago, putting up one or two or sometimes even three daily, reflecting some of the most emotional moments of my life.

I’m not completely sure who exactly reads these diatribes, or what they think when they do.

Some of these are poems, other essays, still others something in-between both, ramblings of a sort through which I tried to sort out confusing thoughts.

Most of them aren’t even accurate, or at best, guesses about the nature of the world at that time. Some – because I altered my view from my original thoughts – actually contradict other pieces.

While many are honest representations of how I felt at the time, time itself as made many of the irrelevant since life has moved on, and I’m a different person (as are the other people mentioned) than I was back then.

I don’t even know why I continue to post them, since there is no way to set the record straight – what happened then, happened, and for all the reconfiguration, it remains a confusing road map that can’t be followed clearly, just a series of emotional reactions, observations and perhaps some aspect of love.

I started out merely posting the more factual (if that’s what they are) pieces, and most recently evolved into posting poems, essays and fantasy pieces never meant to see the light of day.

This all hit me this morning. So, after nearly three years or so, I’m decided to stop, even though I still have thousands of poems, essays, journals and fantasy pieces I’ve yet to post, some already set up to post over the next few months.

I think part of the reason for suspending the posting has to do with lack of reaction, whether those who read these pieces hate me more for them, like me better, or have some other reaction I have no way of being aware of.

In the end, I see no point to continuing to post except perhaps for my own ego gratification, some of these are the best writing I’ve ever done, inspired by the fact that they involve one of the best writers I’ve ever known.

I don’t know if I’ll start posting in the future again. I suspect that I would need some clear indication as to whether I should continue, even a one-word message saying “more” or “stop.”

This suspension will allow me to get back to posting other journal entries, poems and such from other times that have nothing to do with the person these were influenced by.

Anyway, I’ll still post contemporary poems, essays and stories on this journal blog, reflecting how I feel now, rather than how I felt back then.

 A one-word email would help, or a one-word text to my phone: 551- 275-4336.

 (April 30, 2024). I've decided to rebuild the site and I'm restoring those things that are clearly fictional and poetic as a compromise even though I have heard nothing from anybody who accesses the site. Those pieces that are clearly autobiographical will be either converted to fiction or poems

2024 journal menu


email to Al Sullivan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dumb and dumber on Columbia U April 18, 2024

Twenty First Century Man Jan. 22, 2024

Journal 2024