waking up to smell the roses july 21, 2024

  

if she wants me to stop I will stop it

I get confused when she turns

the faucet on then off

 a mixed message

when I'm already puzzled

by what she wants

or doesn't want and

with no means to know

which she means

does no mean me no

 or does it sometimes mean yes

the link there less than a week ago

suddenly absent and though

I know where it ends up

I keep from subscribing

just the way I kept out of signt

all those years ago

scared that if I stick my nose in that door

 she might slam the door on it

better clever elusive than sorry

nothing is ever clear with her

so I'll go back to where I started

 that petulant Frat boy who

needs a drink or

 do I dunk my head t

o wake up

to smell if not the roses

then reality

like it or not



email to Al Sullivan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dumb and dumber on Columbia U April 18, 2024

Journal 2024

Poetry Journal Feb. 12. 2024