Poetry Journal Jan. 12, 2024

 

 

Jan.12, 2024

 I missed it the moment it went missing like an old ache I mistake as missing until it is gone, and I ach to have it back, the face I see still in the half remembered dreams I know I’ve dreamt yet can’t get back in focus once I am awake – that face she posted then removed and replaced only not quite the same face, resurrected, more doubtful, even in the depths of her eyes that still drawn me to look into for too long, maybe with a tinge of the old fear she felt way back when I doubted myself, this face, these eyes, those precious lips, stirring up the broth with a slow simmer to an intense boil – again.


 2024 journal menu 


email to Al Sullivan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dumb and dumber on Columbia U April 18, 2024

Twenty First Century Man Jan. 22, 2024

Journal 2024