Poetry Journal Jan. 7, 2024

  


I won't tell you that I am immune, all these long years later I still react the same way as I did back then, this odd sensation that comes over me, sweeping me up as if in a dust storm 

Where I land is unpredictable as a honest roulette wheel, though i know now as I did them, I'm not destined to win, and must settle for admiring from afar.

This is the nature of the beat, the trap in which I find myself, unable to resist her in the same way a bear cannot resist honey, never destined to taste anything more than I have already, and my sticky paws come not from ingesting sweetness so much as a reaction to it, she always there, angelic, her voice ringing in my head, a siren's song with me strapped firmly to the stiff mast of my ship, if only to survive.

 2024 journal menu


email to Al Sullivan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dumb and dumber on Columbia U April 18, 2024

Twenty First Century Man Jan. 22, 2024

Journal 2024