Poetry Journal January 18, 2024

 

 


 

I can’t believe I once rejected her, hormones so out of control each time she posted a picture or texted one to me, nearly going into a faint, trying desperately not to stare into the eyes that stared back at me from my phone or computer, as if I felt she would swallowed me whole if I dared to stare for too long, and all these years later, I’m grateful for a mere glimpse, taking the photos she posts as gift, to treasure, like Narsissist staring into a pool, only instead of seeing myself I see her, the ache of what I felt long gone, yet not the hunger for the image and the spirit contained in her eyes, still as deep and mysterious as eve, and I’m still lost in them

 

 2024 journal menu


email to Al Sullivan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dumb and dumber on Columbia U April 18, 2024

Twenty First Century Man Jan. 22, 2024

Journal 2024