The dream she June 4, 2024

It was that dream between waking and sleep that comes just before the real waking, the memory of which lingers on beyond dawn, haunting, physical, realer than real, heavy endowed with all those feelings that the brain filters out during ordinary consciousness.

She wasn’t in the dream per se, at least, not the she I’m talking about. She doesn’t look like the she in the dream, the she from back then, blonde, not brunette, shorter than the memory person, yet with the same intense stare and deep, dark, mysterious eyes,

And because this dream she was with someone else, I naturally got jealous.

She wasn’t in the dream from the start.

The dream began in The Bronx of all places, in an apartment filled with the contemporary version of hippies, and I was there with my guitars and my music, and my cameras, playing a bit before they raised serious questions about whether or not I liked Elvis, and when I said, I did, they accused him of being racist and asked us to leave.

I struggled to find everything I had come there with and was out on the street when I got sidetracked and lost the people I was with at the subway.

Actually I don't know whether they went down into the Subway or not but I looked down the street didn't see them then went down to the subway and got completely confused as to which train I should take and ultimately wound up finding my way back to New Jersey.

At this point, I arrived at a political picnic where the mayor of the town I currently cover was in a neck brace and needed to be spoon fed, and my dream-she was helping to keep him fed, but I suspected it was more than that, and all those old feelings from back in those terribly confusing times came roaring back into me.

As I said this was contemporary not in the past and though the feelings I had about this woman with the same as back then he didn't look or sound like her but in a dream skate like this everything gets twisted up and so obviously my posting of old journals is having a emotional effect on me even down into my psyche.

 

 2024 journal menu


email to Al Sullivan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dumb and dumber on Columbia U April 18, 2024

Journal 2024

Poetry Journal Feb. 12. 2024