Dolphins are angels July 2, 2024

 

The gods ride the waves

On the backs of dolphin,

As I spy them from shore

Coming to me when I

Most need them,

Back then as well as now,

The same thoughts always

Running through my head

As I step into a dream scape

Each time I reach the sea,

The ghosts of the past

Lingering on the sand,

The way foam lingers

With the receding waves,

And I search the choppy

Surface of the sea

For signs from the all mighty.

Looking to distinguish

The rough surface from

The dark shapes,

Gods coming to me on their backs

When ever I plead for relief,

In good times or bad.

Coming up out of the depths

As if just for me.

 

 2024 journal menu

email to Al Sullivan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dumb and dumber on Columbia U April 18, 2024

Journal 2024

Poetry Journal Feb. 12. 2024